Connecting the hose to the water inlet
Hoses are connected to the plumbing system using a variety of connectors. The choice of connector depends on the diameter of the hose and the type of water supply point.
- [ Solid Brass Hose Connectors ] The hose menders are mechanically carved from the brass rod, so it has a solid brass body that is more sturdy and durable than plastic or thin aluminum one. Heavy-duty solid brass construction with good sealing design, matte surface, so it will not leak.
- [ Suit for 5/8″( Inner Diameter) Garden Hose ] The barbed part of the hose connectors is 15.9mm/0.625inch( Outside diameter ), so it suits most kinds of 15-16mm or 5/8″ (Inner diameter)hose, such as the brand’s hybrid polymer material hose, grain PVC drinking water hose, expandable garden hose.
- [ US Standard 3/4″ Threaded ] The female thread adapter and male thread adapter are US standard 3/4″ thread, and suit for 3/4″ standard threaded (3/4″GHT, 3/4″NH, 3/4″NPT), and widely matching for the garden connector, like an outdoor faucet, hose splitter, garden filter, garden timer, spray nozzle.
If a submersible pump is used to supply water, then it largely determines the type of hose and connection method required. Often the connection to the pump is made through a raised nipple mounted on the pump. The fitting is made for a hose of a certain diameter, and the hose and the fitting are connected with a metal clamp.
If a water supply system is used to supply water, then a special tap can be installed at the water distribution point, onto which an adapter with an outlet adapted for quick connection with a hose through a special connector is screwed. Adapters ending in a relief fitting can also be screwed onto the tap. In this case, the hose is attached to the embossed fitting with a clamp.
Many connectors, adapters and adapters are commercially available to connect hoses of the same or different diameters. The designs of such devices are varied. Hoses can be connected with nipples or couplings. Fittings can be simple, embossed or more complex – collet. Irrigation systems can also use adapters and adapters that use couplings to connect the hoses. Often, an irrigation system requires the supply of water to several points. In this case, splitters are used. Also, like connectors, splitters can be of various designs.
The hose allows you to bring water to the required point on the site. For proper watering of plants, nozzles are installed on the hose. Such nozzles can be various tips (devices that change the way water is supplied from a hose), as well as pistols and watering cans. The purpose of the nozzles is to regulate the irrigation area and disperse water. Both the tips and the guns change the way you water, but the gun can be used to stop watering by shutting off the water supply. The spray gun disperses the water, making the irrigation a sprinkler. Multiple nozzles can be supplied with a single gun to provide a variety of plant watering modes.
If irrigation of an area is required (for example, a lawn), then the hose is connected to a nozzle that provides irrigation in sprinkler mode. Such nozzles are simply laid on the soil, their design allows you to fix the hose permanently during watering. There are many different design sprinklers available.
In some cases, the hose irrigation system may not be removed from the street even in frosty weather (such a system will hardly have to be used at minus 20 degrees, so the water will have to be drained). But in most cases, even in the summer, the hoses are removed from the site. For convenient storage, the hose must be rolled into a coil – this can be done manually, but it is better to use special reels for this. The reels are designed so that the hose does not need to be completely reeled from the reel to irrigate. The reels have convenient carrying handles. They are compact in storage and do not take up much space. If the hose is long enough, a trolley is more convenient for storing it. The cart is just as comfortable as the reel, but it is easier to move the heavy hose reel on the cart.
- 3 pc male + 3 pc female garden hose repair kit, pipe joint diameter is 0.5″/12.9mm, easy to insert or pull out 1/2″ hose.
- Made of heavy duty brass construction with rust proof for durability and long life use.
- The 6pcs clamps are made of 304 stainless steel.
- Standard 3/4″ US thread garden hose connection, easy to connect and disconnect, use to repair and connect the water hose end.
- With 3 years product warranty. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please let us know and our customer service team will help you RETURN OR REFUND.
Using hoses, you can build a variety of irrigation systems. We will devote one of the following publications to automatic and other complex irrigation systems.
Watering the site in the summer is necessary! Irrigation systems are both very simple and very advanced. The basis of the irrigation system can be built on hoses, with their help you can “move” the end points of the water distribution to the desired areas of the site. At endpoints, hoses can be used to water garden beds, lawns, and flower beds, and can be connected to sprinklers, drip irrigation systems, and automatic irrigation systems. Or you can simply pour water into watering cans and, in critical cases, water the plants by hand.