Enlisting the neighborhood of nocturnal predators, whose diet includes many small rodents and insects, you are acting wisely, because they will not hunt for seeds and fruits from your beds, and you will keep your garden blooming without the use of chemicals. You just need to know and understand two basic things: how to attract them and why you should do it. Although there are about 216 species of owls around the globe, their nocturnal lifestyle and mostly predatory diet unites all species.
- Owl Tree Hugger: A humorous delightful surprise on a tree or fence. The delicate funny owl statue who raise its hand to look over and welcome the visitors. Astonish your family and friends when an unexpected character appears from a tree in your backyard. Size: 5.5 x 5 Inch.
- Premium Quality: The outside tree ornament is made from durable polyresin and high-grade UV resistant painting, the special process makes it waterproof and difficult to corrode or fade. Can be used outdoors for many years.
- Easy to use: There is a keyhole on the back, you can easily hang our mini owl on a tree or wherever you want. We provide a screw for your convenience.
A small investment is required of you, some knowledge of the physiology of nocturnal predators, such as a fear of daylight and a love of bathing. Following our advice, you will acquire the help of these birds.
Owls do not build nests on their own. They prefer to use rotten hollows in the trunk of trees as a nest. They are also satisfied with empty nests of squirrels or hawks. But there are also some owls that nest in ordinary boxes. An ordinary birdhouse will suit you for this purpose, which must be fixed on the tree trunk much higher than you are used to seeing. You need to widen the entrance hole a little, and the house for the owl is ready.
Then place wood shavings or sawdust on the bottom of the nesting box, which will provide a soft cushion and prevent the eggs from rotating. So, in the wild, owls rely on bedding, which is in the nests of squirrels or hawks. These are lichens, branches of conifers or leaves that line the bottom in tree hollows. Set up a birdhouse in early winter. If the trees in your garden are not tall, then it is better to use a long wooden pole, on the top of which a birdhouse is mounted. Owls prefer to settle high, away from human noise and other potential predators.
- Hausse realistic fake owl is used to get all living things out of your yard. Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 7 x 6.7 inches.
- The owl has motion sensor detector and 2 working modes to make the all living things leaves the yard. Sensor working area is 10ft/3M (front).
- SOLAR POWERED: The only power is need sun energy. No more wire string needed. Owl Scarecrow solar panels can recharge the product and keep it on standby for a long time all day.
- EASY INSTALL:The owl has anchor at the bottom and can be fixed on the stakes by screws (Not included 2 screws). Great for the garden, patio, or porch.
- NOTE: Please make sure turn ON switch before charging. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE. If for any reason you’re not 100% SATISFIED, please let us know and our customer service team will help you RETURN OR REFUND.
Turn off outdoor night lights
Owls are nocturnal hunters. The only exception is the northern pygmy owl, which is active during the day and sleeps at night. But the vast majority of owls hunt under cover of night. Leaving the night lights on can disorient the birds. In order to enlist the support of these nocturnal predators, you must turn off the lights at dusk. If you are concerned that your dark courtyard will become a lure for night bums, then you can install a weather-resistant PIR motion detector on the outside of your home. These systems distinguish between the movement of humans and small animals and do not respond to the presence of small birds such as owls.
Bath for owls
Owls love to swim. Therefore, to attract them to your garden, you should consider installing an artificial bath for them. The benefits of bathing for a night hunter are obvious: an owl, after a rapid flight after its prey, cools its heated body with great pleasure. Owls drink a little. The pool should be shallow and with sloping edges for birds to enter. Bird baths should ideally be made of durable material such as metal. Place the birdbath in a secluded area so that people do not disturb the birds while taking water.
Forget the lawn mower
Some species of owls hunt in meadows, swamps, forests, or agricultural fields. A homeowner who wants to house an owl must mimic natural features by relaxing regular lawn maintenance. Thus, it creates a more attractive hunting area. This may seem counterintuitive and will ultimately attract nocturnal predators. Don’t mow for a week or so – also let shrubs, low-hanging tree branches and weeds grow a little longer before pruning. This allows dead leaves, twigs, and flowers to accumulate, so do not rake them often. Let nature take matters into its own hands. Then it will attract the animals.
Homeowners with small pets like guinea pigs or farm animals like chickens should think twice before attracting owls to their property.
- ★Perfect Gift – A wonderful addition to your lawn and home decor, it is sure to brighten up your backyard, lawn, pond, pool or garden. This garden statue is also fun for gift giving for your family and friends as a Mother’s Day, birthdays, housewarming, weddings and Christmas gift.
- ★Solar Owl Statue – Illuminate your lawn and garden at night with this charming owl statue featuring light-up succulent plants that emit a warm glow as the sun sets and the sky becomes dark. Absorbing sunlight during the day, this adorable lawn ornament uses solar power to light up the night.
Whether the owls see them as their prey or are simply annoyed by their presence, birds of prey can attack, injure or kill them. Even if you only have large pets and are going to attract owls, try to keep your livestock indoors after dark so they do not threaten hunting owls or scare away their prey.